Holding Employers Accountable For Their Wrongful Acts

Facing Gender Discrimination At Work?

Last updated on April 25, 2023

Everyone is entitled to a discrimination-free work environment. If you’re experiencing discrimination on the basis of your gender identity or expression, you can take legal action to hold your employer accountable. I can help.

I’m Mazen Khatib, an employment lawyer in Ontario, California. For many years, I have helped employees exercise their rights and obtain justice when those rights are violated. I’m passionate about standing up for the underdogs and righting injustice in the workplace.

Gender Discrimination At Work Is Illegal

Both California and federal law prohibit employers from discriminating against workers (including job applicants) on the basis of:

  • Sex (assigned male or female at birth)
  • Gender identity (woman, man, femme, masc, nonbinary, etc.)
  • Gender expression (how your appearance reflects your gender identity)
  • Transgender status
  • Sexual orientation

Discrimination can take many forms, including:

The bottom line is that if your employer is treating you differently on account of any of these grounds, you may have a case for gender-based employment discrimination.

Standing Up Against Gender Discrimination

If you have experienced gender discrimination at work, and you’ve made an internal complaint to your employer or HR that has gotten you nowhere, your next step might be to pursue a claim with the California Civil Rights Department. The CRD is the state-level agency dedicated to upholding fair employment laws statewide. It’s wise to work with an attorney during this process.

When you work with me, I can help you through the complaint process with the CRD. I can also help you pursue a lawsuit against an employer to pursue reinstatement (if appropriate), back pay, punitive damages and other damages.

Your Ally In The Fight Against Gender Discrimination

If you have experienced gender discrimination in any form at work, I am your ally. I’d be happy to talk to you about your options during a free consultation. Please contact my firm, Khatib Law, APC, at 909-729-3171. I’m based in Ontario, California.